[R-meta] Selection models for rma.mv-objects

James Pustejovsky jepu@to @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Sep 19 16:23:24 CEST 2022

We only looked at a selection model (specifically, the three-parameter
selection model) when applied to aggregated effect sizes or when ignoring
the issue of dependent effects.

I agree with Wolfgang's assessment that multivariate selection models
remain an open problem.

One other possibility: Mathur and Vanderweele (2020;
https://doi.org/10.1111/rssc.12440) have a sensitivity analysis approach
that is conceptually similar to the three-parameter selection model and
that works with dependent effect sizes (via robust variance estimation).
It's implemented in the PublicationBias R package:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/PublicationBias/index.html

James