[R-meta] Questions about model averaging with complex multilevel meta-analytic model

Margaret Slein m@@|e|n @end|ng |rom zoo|ogy@ubc@c@
Sun Oct 2 08:14:05 CEST 2022

1. Tried the example you provided, model.avg did not produce the “subscript out of bounds” error, but still didn’t yield model averaged coefficient estimates? This was all that was produced in the model.avg output:

Model-averaged coefficients:
(full average)
     Estimate Std. Error z value Pr(>|z|)

(conditional average)
     Estimate Std. Error z value Pr(>|z|)
Standard errors cannot be calculated because no component models provide them

*However, if I run just the model.avg(res2) without the summary(), that still yields the same “subscript out of bounds” error.

2. I tried a simpler version with my own model (just 1 or 2 moderators) and it still yields the same “subscript out of bounds error” with just model.avg and the summary function as well.

Is there a critical point where meta-analytic models do not work well with model averaging in MuMIn?

Thank you for your assistance in troubleshooting this.

-m

Maggie Slein (she/her/hers)
PhD Student, O’Connor Lab
Department of Zoology
Unceded xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) territory
University of British Columbia