[R-meta] Questions About Multilevel Models

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (NP) wo||g@ng@v|echtb@uer @end|ng |rom m@@@tr|chtun|ver@|ty@n|
Mon Nov 14 12:12:22 CET 2022

Dear Tori,

1) Corrections like this are done typically on the effect size estimates (and corresponding sampling variances) before fitting the model (unless one uses methods like those described by Hunter and Schmidt using 'artifact distributions' and correcting estimates coming from the model, but this is really something very specific to the 'Hunter and Schmidt method'). So, you can apply any corrections you deem necessary and then use those in whatever model you like.

2) Yes, predict() will provide those.