[R-meta] Question on three-level meta-analysis

David Pedrosa pedro@@c @end|ng |rom @t@||@un|-m@rburg@de
Tue Mar 29 15:58:01 CEST 2022

your explanation was indeed very helpful. I misunderstood the concept of
covariance (matrices) and I was assuming that it applies to a higher
level within the model, namely when studies are from the same category.
Whereas your link and explanation helped me to understand where I was
wrong.

I will now use the covariance estimation to account for those studies in
which patients received more than one treatment, i.e. where sampling
errors are dependent.

robust(res, cluster=dat$study, clubSandwich=TRUE)

Is a good place to start.

Best,

David

--

;
<http://www.ukgm.de>;

PD Dr. David Pedrosa
Leitender Oberarzt der Klinik für Neurologie,
Leiter der Sektion Bewegungsstörungen, Universitätsklinikum Gießen und
Marburg

Tel.: (+49) 6421-58 65299 Fax: (+49) 6421-58 67055

;
Adresse: Baldingerstr., 35043 Marburg

Web: https://www.ukgm.de/ugm_2/deu/umr_neu/index.html