[R-meta] Question on three-level meta-analysis

David Pedrosa pedro@@c @end|ng |rom @t@||@un|-m@rburg@de
Mon Mar 28 13:11:13 CEST 2022

Sorry Wolfgang for not being clear. I was wondering if it makes sense to
estimate variance-covariance-matrices for the level "category" as I was
not sure whether this level is independent or not (altough most studies
look at different subjects, the interventions within distinct
"categories" may be very different and therefore distinct variance has
to be assumed). My idea was to estimate vcov for the level "category"
and include it in the model as input for V, although I am inclined to
think that including catregory as random factor may account for this
variability already. Is that correct?

Best,

David

--