[R-meta] confidence interval very large

James Pustejovsky jepu@to @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jul 27 23:02:19 CEST 2022

That's a good question. No, the same concerns apply to CIs and to SEs and
t-statistics.

For F-statistics our research (Tipton & Pustejovsky, 2015 in JEBS) found
that F-tests tend to be conservative, with lower-than-nominal Type-I error,
when df are very low. So they're not necessarily problematic in terms of
Type I error control, but they do tend to have very low power so still
wouldn't put much stock in them.