[R-meta] Use of raw proportion as the outcome measure for individual group meta analysis

Tharaka S. Priyadarshana th@r@k@@@pr|y@d@r@h@n@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jul 8 13:29:10 CEST 2022

Dear all,

I am following this individual group meta-analysis example in "matadat",
https://wviechtb.github.io/metadat/reference/dat.pritz1997.html
Here when the raw proportion is used as the outcome measure, why is the
upper bound of the prediction interval exceeding 1? which means more than a
100% success?? if yes! it does not make sense to me. Could someone please
clarify how should I interpret the prediction interval in this example?

Thank you,
Tharaka

### random-effects model with raw proportionsdat <- escalc
<https://wviechtb.github.io/metafor/reference/escalc.html>(measure="PR",
xi=xi, ni=ni, data=dat)res <- rma
<https://wviechtb.github.io/metafor/reference/rma.uni.html>(yi, vi,
data=dat)predict
<https://wviechtb.github.io/metafor/reference/predict.rma.html>(res)#>
#>    pred     se  ci.lb  ci.ub  pi.lb  pi.ub #>  0.7968 0.0423 0.7138
0.8797 0.5306 1.0629