[R-meta] correlational meta-analyses and Egger's regression test

Cátia Margarida Oliveira c@t|@m@rg@r|d @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Jan 22 18:44:29 CET 2022

Hello,

I am running a correlational meta-analysis and I was wondering if there are
guidelines for which measure to use as a predictor in Egger's test with
multilevel models. I have encountered a few sources (e.g. the paper by
James - Testing for funnel plot asymmetry of standardized mean differences)
on how using measures of variance may be problematic with logs odds ratios
and standardised mean difference effect size estimates, but does anyone
know if there's such research for meta-analyses examining correlations?

The only reference I found was here:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-meta-analysis/2020-May/002086.html

Thank you,

Catia