[R-meta] aggregating effect sizes

Filippo Gambarota ||||ppo@g@mb@rot@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jan 10 16:26:10 CET 2022

Thanks, this is quite helpful. I've noticed that in my case,
aggregating with and without weighting changes the estimated effect
size noticeably. As you said this is correct because we are doing an
inverse-variance weighted average between effect sizes and I was wondering
which is the best approach. So aggregating with weighting could be
considered as a fixed-effect model that takes into account the correlation.

--
Website: filippogambarota <https://filippogambarota.netlify.app/>
Research Group: Colab <http://colab.psy.unipd.it/>   Psicostat
<https://psicostat.dpss.psy.unipd.it/>