[R-meta] fixed-effect multivariate model interpretation

Filippo Gambarota ||||ppo@g@mb@rot@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jan 3 16:42:05 CET 2022

Hello!
I'm fitting for the first time a multivariate fixed-effect model using
metafor. The code is:

```
rma.mv(yi, V, mods = ~ 0 + outcome, data = data, test = "t")
```
Where V is the block variance-covariance matrix created with vcalc()
that represents the covariance between different outcome levels within
each study. The outcome is a factor that represents different effect
sizes measured on the same participants within a study.
The model as expected did not estimate tau for each outcome and test
all coefficients (each outcome mean with this parametrization) against
0 (both the omnibus test and each beta). My question is about the
*residual heterogeneity* parameter and the associated Q test. Under
this model, I should have assumed that there is no heterogeneity
within each outcome level so I'm not sure how to interpret the
residual heterogeneity in this case.
Thank you!
Filippo

--