[R-meta] Meta-Analysis and Forest Plot for Multiple Treatments and Outcomes

Dr. Gerta Rücker ruecker @end|ng |rom |mb|@un|-|re|burg@de
Tue Feb 1 13:37:05 CET 2022

Hi Ruth,

There is another function in netmeta you may want to use to have all
your 8 outcomes in one forest plot: function netbind() which is to
bundle the results of several network meta-analyses into one forest
plot. Here I would take the NMA estimates, not the pairwise direct
comparisons.

I cannot really answer your question related to the correlation between
outcomes. This is because I am working in the medical field, also
Cochrane, where it is quite unusual to put all outcomes into one model,
because we almost never have any knowledge about the within-study
correlations - thus the outcomes are usually analyzed separately (they
also are on different scales, we rarely use SMD). A paper discussing
multivariate meta-analysis is
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/sim.4172 (with discussion).

Best,

Gerta