[R-meta] effect size for interaction from mixed designs

Filippo Gambarota ||||ppo@g@mb@rot@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Aug 8 14:16:34 CEST 2022

Hello!
I'm planning to conduct a meta-analysis focusing on interaction
effects. Firstly I was thinking about using an interaction-specific
effect size such as eta-squared or omega-squared. After reading some
papers and some other posts
(https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-meta-analysis/2018-February/000658.html)
now it's clear that I can simply use a cohen's d like measure to
standardize the difference between the two simple effects. However,
I'm wondering if the type of ANOVA-like design matters in terms of
fully between/within or mixed. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I'll
encounter different designs from published studies.
Thank you!
--
Filippo Gambarota
PhD Student - University of Padova