[R-meta] Calculation of z scores in NMA analysis

Dr. Gerta Rücker ruecker @end|ng |rom |mb|@un|-|re|burg@de
Sat Apr 16 20:29:44 CEST 2022

Hi Roopa,

First of all, I want to remind you of Wolfgang's e-mail referring to the
transparency rules of this mailing list. He wrote on 24 of March: "When
posting to the mailing list, please use your real name and include
information about any institutional/organizational affiliation if possible."

Now to your question: It is not fully clear to me what you want to do
and why. If this is a network meta-analysis (NMA) of differences of
means, you need mean, sd, and sample size (n) for each comparison.
netmeta will then provide the NMA estimates for all comparisons in the
network, again as differences of means (MD). The resulting z-scores are
just tabulated with the printout, as you can see with the built-in
example data Senn2013:

library(netmeta)
data(Senn2013)
net1 <- netmeta(TE, seTE, treat1.long, treat2.long, studlab,
   data = Senn2013, sm = "MD", random = FALSE, nchar.trts = 4)
net1

Isn't this what you want? If not, what else do you expect?

Best,

Gerta