[R-meta] Meta-analyzing studies that failed to account for their nested data

Timothy MacKenzie |@w|@wt @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 30 23:57:46 CEST 2021

Hello All,

I've noticed almost all the studies I have selected for meta-analysis
have ignored the nested structure of their data (subjects nested in
classrooms) and have conducted only single-level analyses.

I've extracted the condition-level summaries from those studies (i.e.,
Means and SDs for C vs. T groups).

But I'm wondering if I can/should make any adjustment to my
meta-regression model to account for the nested structure of the data
in those studies AND if not, whether such a situation poses a
limitation to my meta-analysis?

Thank you very much for your assistance,
Tim M