[R-meta] Pseudoreplication

Gladys Barragan-Jason g|@dou86 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 30 09:48:56 CEST 2021

Dear Wolfgang,
Thanks a lot for your helpful response which reinforces my belief that this
was the right thing to do.
All the best,
Gladys

Le jeu. 30 sept. 2021 à 08:38, Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP) <
wolfgang.viechtbauer using maastrichtuniversity.nl> a écrit :

> Dear Gladys,
>
> Along the lines of what Michael already said -- it seems like the reviewer
> might not be familiar with modern meta-analytic methods (like the
> multilevel/multivariate models we frequently discuss on this mailing list).
> I cannot tell you whether what you have done is fully sufficient to capture
> all potential sources of heterogeneity and dependency in your data, but
> it's a fairly standard (four-level) multilevel random-effects model that
> allows for correlation in multiple effects belonging to the same study and
> multiple studies belonging to the same article. So this does take
> 'pseudoreplication' into consideration.

Gladys Barragan-Jason, PhD.  Website
<https://sites.google.com/view/gladysbarraganjason/home> / Site web
<https://sites.google.com/view/frgladysbarragan-jason/accueil>

Station d'Ecologie Théorique et Expérimentale (SETE)

CNRS de Moulis

[image: image.png][image: image.png]