[R-meta] Fwd: Meta-analysis of significance values

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Sun Sep 26 18:05:22 CEST 2021

Oops, forgot to copy to list.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [R-meta] (no subject)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 16:55:02 +0100
From: Michael Dewey <lists using dewey.myzen.co.uk>
To: Awais Wahab <aligners79 using gmail.com>

Dear Imran

Yes, it is possible. Note that they are not effect sizes in the usual
meaning of the term and all the methods return for you is a p-value.

There are a number of packages available on CRAN and they are listed in
the MetaAnalysis Task View https://cran.r-project.org/view=MetaAnalysis

I am the author of one of them (metap) which I think is a good package
but clearly I have a conflict of interest here. If you have correlated
p-values I would recommend poolr.

Michael

On 25/09/2021 21:17, Awais Wahab wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is it possible to perform meta-analysis with available P-values in each
> study as effect size, instead of HR, OR etc. ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Best regards,
> Imran
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]