[R-meta] Some questions: effect sizes, heterogeneity and Egger's test

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Thu Sep 16 12:44:21 CEST 2021

For my money interpreting asymmetry is dependent on what the scientists
involved regard as plausible mechanisms. Actually that sentence is true
for almost any replacement for the word asymmetry. It may be that in
some fields small studies do produce effects nearer the null even if we
find it hard to think of examples.

Michael

Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html