[R-meta] rma.glmm model selection

Philippe Tadger ph|||ppet@dger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Sep 13 16:43:38 CEST 2021

Dear Wolfgang,

I am trying to implement other measures to check the fit (apart form
likelihood, AIC, BIC), like RMSE  (also Bayes factor). I implemented as
followed:

thedata1<-data.frame(
   study = c(1,1,2,
             2,3,3,4,4,5,
             5,6,6,7,7),
   treat = c(0,1,0,
             1,0,1,0,1,0,
             1,0,1,0,1),
   n = c(81,156,
         43,89,38,44,80,
         77,170,159,49,
         47,148,82),
   event = c(12,1,
             3,0,6,1,27,13,
             5,2,6,4,0,6),
   control = c(1,0,1,
               0,1,0,1,0,1,
               0,1,0,1,0),
   treat12 = c(-0.5,
               0.5,-0.5,0.5,-0.5,
               0.5,-0.5,0.5,
               -0.5,0.5,-0.5,0.5,
               -0.5,0.5)
)

model2<-glmer(cbind(event,n-event)~factor(study)+factor(treat)+(treat-1|study),data=thedata1,
       family=binomial(link="logit"))
model3<-glmer(cbind(event,n-event)~(1|study)+factor(treat)+(treat-1|study),
data=thedata1,
       family=binomial(link="logit"))
model4<-glmer(cbind(event,n-event)~factor(study)+factor(treat)+(treat12-1|study),
               data=thedata1, family=binomial(link="logit"))
model5<-glmer(cbind(event,n-event)~(1|study)+factor(treat)+(treat12-1|study),
               data=thedata1, family=binomial(link="logit"))
model6<-glmer(cbind(event,n-event)~factor(treat)+(control+treat-1|study),
data=thedata1,
               family=binomial(link="logit"))
library("performance")
compare_performance(model2,model3,model4, model5,model6, rank = TRUE)
test_bf(model2,model3,model4, model5,model6)

What do you think? Any of this measure could have a value for the
comparison between models?