[R-meta] rma.glmm model selection

Philippe Tadger ph|||ppet@dger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Sep 12 22:54:09 CEST 2021

Hello Wolfgang, colleagues

Thanks for the answer!

I've been reading the article  (Jackson et al., 2017)
<https://doi.org/10.1002/sim.7588>were you explain such models and
provide codes for SAS/Stata/R.

I did run the SAS code with the sham data, and collect all goodness of
fit for models 2-6

	AIC 	BIC 	-2 x Likelihood 	Model Name 	effects 	Variance-covariance
Matrix 	Other name
Model 4 	80.74 	80.25 	62.74 	modified Simmonds and Higgins model 	Fixed
	UM.FS
Model 2 	81.53 	81.05 	63.53 	Simmonds and Higgins model 	Fixed

Model 5 	91.19 	90.97 	83.19 	modified Simmonds and Higgins model
Random 	CV 	UM.RS
Model 6 	93.18 	92.91 	83.18 	Van Houwelingen bivariate model 	Random
UN 	CM.AL
Model 3 	93.76 	93.54 	85.76 	Simmonds and Higgins model 	Random 	CV

I understand that the likelihood measure can not be used if the
distributions or models are not nested (models 6 & 7 or CM.AL and
CM.EL), which is not the case as you point it out.
Do you consider the AIC values also not "meaningful" to choose between
models?

Sorry if there's is any typo in the self made table (trying to unify all
the names and features of each model)

Thanks in advance for you valuable time