[R-meta] guidance for modeling SMCC type effect size

Stefanou Revesz @te|@noureve@z @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Sep 11 18:18:07 CEST 2021

Dear Experts,

I need some guidance for modeling two types of effect sizes (for two
different meta-analyses) using the rma.mv() program in metafor.

First, I have computed the standardized mean change (SMCC) between
each pre-test and the follow-up post-tests in each of
multiple-treatment studies.

Second, I have computed the difference in standardized mean changes
(SMCC) between a treatment and a control group at each pre-test to
post-test intervals in each of multiple-treatment studies.

The reason I want to use rma.mv() is that each of my studies could
produce multiple of these types of effect sizes. But I wonder what
would be a starting point for modeling these two types of effect size?

Any help is appreciated,
Stefanou