[R-meta] rma.glmm model selection

Philippe Tadger ph|||ppet@dger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Sep 11 12:41:30 CEST 2021

Dear Meta community

I would like to ask for guidance on  how to do model selection in
metafor::rma.glmm. I'm thinking specifically in the comparison between:
UM.FS, UM.RS, CM.AL, CM.EL methods. Is it possible to conduct a goodness
of fit or alternative selection methods between the 4 models?

I saw the model selection here
https://www.metafor-project.org/doku.php/tips:model_selection_with_glmulti_and_mumin
<https://www.metafor-project.org/doku.php/tips:model_selection_with_glmulti_and_mumin>
for predictors that mention that is possible to do a similar approach
with rma.glmm. Also a specific phrase catch my attention: "one can also
consider model selection with respect to the random effects structure."

Thanks in advance for your help and time

--

Kind regards/Saludos cordiales
*Philippe Tadger*