[R-meta] mean-variance relationships introduces additional heterogeneity, how?

Luke Martinez m@rt|nez|ukerm @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Oct 26 04:42:56 CEST 2021

Sure. All of this seems to imply that the use of AN(C)OVAs and t-tests
for proportions and counts is similarly (and perhaps even more
severely) affected by the mean-sd relationship that exists in most
count distributions. So, researchers, one would say, should use glm()s
or glmms instead. But again in that context still means and sds of
those counts and proportions is useful to perhaps compute the LRRs.

On the list, I found this study
(https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/sim.9226) but I
wonder which equation in it gives the sampling variance of LRR in
2-level designs, possibly Equation (3)?

If yes, how to compute Var(C_bar)?

Luke