[R-meta] online seminar series

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Thu Oct 21 17:31:01 CEST 2021

Dear James (and list serve members)

I am getting confused here about the timing of the seminar. Your e-mail
refers to times in CDT etc whereas the one with the registration link
refers to CST etc and says the times have been changed. Can you confirm
for us the timing in UTC so those of us who are rather uncertain about
US daylight saving times can add our own offset?

Michael

On 21/09/2021 18:47, James Pustejovsky wrote:
> Dear listserv folks,
>

> I am writing to invite you to join us for the inaugural event in a
> new online seminar series hosted by the AERA SIG on on Systematic Review
> and Meta-Analysis. The SIG will be hosting monthly seminars on a range of
> topics related to systematic reviews, meta-analysis, and evidence synthesis
> for education research and the broader social sciences. Details about our
> first event are below. For more information and to register to participate,
> see our website: https://www.srmasig.org/seminar/
>

> Best Regards,
>
> James
>
> __________________________________________________________________Missing
> Covariates in Meta-Regression: Considerations and Implications
>
> October 22nd, 2021 @ 11am CDT (9am PDT / 10am MDT / 12pm EDT / 16:00 UTC)
>

> Speakers:
>
> Jake Schauer, Northwestern University
>
> Karina Diaz-Yanez, University of Pennsylvania
>
> Jihyun Lee, University of Texas, Austin
>
> Terri Pigott, Georgia State University
>

> The Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis Special Interest Group is excited
> to announce a new webinar series for aspiring evidence synthesis
> researchers. Each webinar will feature a guest speaker or speakers who are
> pioneering innovative methods for systematic review, meta-analysis, or
> evidence synthesis. We will kick off this series with a thoughtful
> discussion on missing data in meta-analyses. This talk will take a deep
> dive into methods for exploring and handling missing covariates in a
> meta-regression. The speakers will highlight examples of exploratory data
> analysis techniques and share results of on-going research on missing data
> methods for missing covariates in a meta-regression. The speakers will
> present for 30-45 minutes, followed by a Q&A and discussion period.
>

> The seminar is free to attend and open to all (you do not need to be a
> member of AERA or the SIG to take part). To register, please fill out the
> form here and you will receive a Zoom link to the webinar:
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TuDpxGVv-hc2I7m3lTh_mne35WZ18aplF9pztYIkyzg/edit
> <https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fforms%2Fd%2F1TuDpxGVv-hc2I7m3lTh_mne35WZ18aplF9pztYIkyzg%2Fedit&data=04%7C01%7Ctpigott%40gsu.edu%7Ca55ecc4fb7434a3c001508d976d2debb%7C515ad73d8d5e4169895c9789dc742a70%7C0%7C0%7C637671470311334110%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=Asl5MDhyR3QZFnBOTllymuNxKBaZZkpM3gVhLr1w0tE%3D&reserved=0>
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html