[R-meta] Some general reflections on the R-sig-meta-analysis mailing list

Tue Oct 12 17:25:57 CEST 2021

Thanks, Gerta, also for your many contributions to the discussions!

Just to clarify: I do not want to stifle the more theoretical discussions on this mailing list. I am not aware of any other online places where these kinds of discussions occur (maybe a bit on https://stats.stackexchange.com, but not at this level) and given how much issues around modeling choices/approaches are brought up on this list, there is apparently a need for and interest in this (I still find these the most difficult questions to respond to).