[R-meta] Meta-analyzing studies that failed to account for their nested data

Timothy MacKenzie |@w|@wt @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Oct 1 05:52:50 CEST 2021

Dear James,

Many thanks for this information. Certainly this is serious.

I should add that a few of the (newer) studies in my pool say that
they found their ICCs to be negligible and opted for the single-level
analyses (maybe I should not adjust the sampling variances in these
cases, correct?).

Also, I'm assuming that I can use these sampling variance adjustments
for quasi-experiments where schools/centers themselves haven't been
randomly recruited as well?

Thanks,
Tim M