[R-meta] multivariate fixed-effect meta-analysis

Luke Martinez m@rt|nez|ukerm @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Nov 24 18:42:01 CET 2021

Sure, I meant more generally with a user-specified V_matrix in case it
is of some weird form (e.g., different for some studies).

Also, @Reza thank you (as always) for pointing out the equivalency of
gls to what metafor's fixed multivariate model does.

There is a tradition (called marginal modeling) where some do this
when errors are correlated but that the data are not multilevel in
structure (usually used in purely repeated measures data).

Given that the idea behind repeated measures modeling and multiple
outcomes modeling are kind of similar, then one can essentially use
gls() to replicate such models as demonstrated above.

Luke