[R-meta] multivariate fixed-effect meta-analysis

Wed Nov 24 18:16:54 CET 2021

@James: Thanks - as always, your blog entries are a pleasure to read.

The model being used by Filippo (with 'mods = ~ 0 + outcome') suggests that this is a 'multivariate case' of the third type, although we don't know if there may be more than one estimate for a particular outcome type within some of the studies or not. Regardless, V should of course capture the dependencies in the estimates, whether they are covariances between two estimates for the same type of outcome or for two estimates corresponding two different outcome types.

In any case, I still don't understand what gls() has to do with anything here or how this relates to the original query or distinction between different uses of the term 'multivariate'.