[R-meta] multivariate fixed-effect meta-analysis

James Pustejovsky jepu@to @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Nov 24 17:47:44 CET 2021

The term "multivariate" is used in several different ways in the
meta-analysis (and mixed-effects models) literature. The metafor
documentation usually uses it in the broadest sense of a model with
more than one effect size estimate per independent sample. I think
Luke was referring to the stricter sense of a model for a set of
multi-variate effect size estimates (where each study contributes at
most one effect size estimate to each of several distinct categories).

More on disambiguation here:
https://www.jepusto.com/what-does-multivariate-mean/