[R-meta] mean-variance relationships introduces additional heterogeneity, how?

Luke Martinez m@rt|nez|ukerm @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Nov 2 23:41:56 CET 2021

Yes, sources of methodologically-driven heterogeneity can be even more
in scenario B (looking forward to another post on this;-). But at any
rate, I think all of this shows that defining the effect size
parameter in the SMD metric in lots of situations where researchers
make their own tests, measures, instruments or in young fields where
established measures are yet to be developed, or when behavior is
difficult to collect etc., SMD may not be a viable option.

For SMD fans in these situations, LRR seems to be a good alternative.

Thanks again,
Luke