[R-meta] Multivariate meta-analysis when "some studies" are multi-outcome

Wed Mar 17 13:23:14 CET 2021

Then it would not make sense to compute different tau^2 values for the different levels of outcome and it would not make sense to compute different correlations for the pairs outcome1
outcome2, outcome1-outcome3, and so on, because what 1, 2, 3, ... stand for is essentially arbitrary and these are just numbers to dinstuish multiple outcomes.

Simpler structures would then be applicable. I would suggest to read:

https://www.metafor-project.org/doku.php/analyses:konstantopoulos2011

And yes, one can also use autocorrelation structures then (not "HAR", but "AR" or "CAR" might be applicable).