[R-meta] Inconsistency Testing

Dr. Gerta Rücker ruecker @end|ng |rom |mb|@un|-|re|burg@de
Tue Mar 9 23:47:03 CET 2021

Dear Sean,

At first, I have to understand your problem. You mention treatments that
are combinations of fungicides, and you mention designs. To clarify
these notions, my questions are:

- Let A, B, C, D be some fungicides, do I understand it correctly that
treatments are combinations in the sense of A+B, A+C+D, A+B+C etc.?

- In each trial, several of these combinations are compared?

- "Design" is meant to be the notion in network meta-analysis, thus "A
vs A+B vs A+B+C" would be a possible design?

(A different possibility is that you do not have combinations of
treatments in the sense above, but - simpler - different designs such as
A, B, C in one trial and A, C, D in another trial.)

Could you clarify these notions?

Which R package do you use?

Best,

Gerta