[R-meta] mods~factor

angelo solarino @nge|o@o|@r|no @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jun 29 20:14:08 CEST 2021

Wolfgang,

thanks again for your time.
when running the metaregression with a categorical variable (field) I
should see the levels of the variable in the regression output with the
following labels: Etrep; Finance, IB, and Manag.

the code used:

> res <- rma(yi,vi, mods ~ field, data=cells, method = "HS")> res
Random-Effects Model (k = 122; tau^2 estimator: HS)

tau^2 (estimated amount of total heterogeneity): 0.0037 (SE = 0.0010)
tau (square root of estimated tau^2 value):      0.0612
I^2 (total heterogeneity / total variability):   87.69%
H^2 (total variability / sampling variability):  8.12

Test for Heterogeneity:
Q(df = 121) = 1015.5701, p-val < .0001

Model Results:

estimate      se    zval    pval    ci.lb   ci.ub
  0.0025  0.0065  0.3821  0.7024  -0.0103  0.0153

---
Signif. codes:  0 ‘***’ 0.001 ‘**’ 0.01 ‘*’ 0.05 ‘.’ 0.1 ‘ ’ 1

the examples work just fine, with other datasets , it works as well.
so I'm trying to understand what is different here and why I am getting
neither the expected results nor an error message.

any hint is welcome!
Thanks again,

Angelo