[R-meta] effect size similarities

Wed Jun 23 09:57:48 CEST 2021

This is for the case of two dependent samples, that is, we want to compute

d = (mean1 - mean2) / SD_change

where mean1 and mean2 are the means at the two measurement occasions and SD_change is the standard deviation of the change scores. Then indeed

d = t / sqrt(n)

where t is the t-statistic from the two-dependent samples t-test.

But this whole discussion started out with the case of a z-test of a binomial proportion. This is neither the case of two independent samples, nor the case of two dependent samples, and so none of this is relevant.