[R-meta] 3 candidate random structures

Timothy MacKenzie |@w|@wt @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jul 26 20:06:56 CEST 2021

Dear Meta-Analysis Experts,

Several of my studies (15 out of 50) have a data structure similar to what
I'm showing below. That is, each such study has multiple experimental
groups ("gr"), tested several times, on 2 or more outcomes.

I'm considering 3 different random structures (below). But I was wondering
which one better aligns to such studies' data structure?

Thank you for your expertise,
Tim

list(~ outcome | study, ~ time | interaction(study,outcome)), struct
=c("HCS","HAR")

list(~ outcome | study, ~ time | interaction(study,gr,outcome)), struct
=c("HCS","HAR")

list(~ outcome | interaction(study,gr), ~ time |
interaction(study,gr,outcome)), struct =c("HCS","HAR")

# Data structure:
study gr time outcome
1       1   0     1
1       1   0     2