[R-meta] correct tau interpretation three-level meta-analysis

Filippo Gambarota ||||ppo@g@mb@rot@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Jul 4 12:35:47 CEST 2021

Hi,
I'm conducting a meta-analysis using a three-level model because I
have multiple effects within the same study. My model is something
like this:

```
rma.mv(yi, vi, random = ~1|study/outcome)
```
My question is simply how to correctly interpret tau at the outcome
level. The tau at the study level is basically the standard
heterogeneity. The tau at the outcome level is the average variability
within a cluster (study)?
Thanks

--
Filippo Gambarota