[R-meta] Meta-Analisys whit events numbers, RR, OR and HR. It's possibe?

Dr. Gerta Rücker ruecker @end|ng |rom |mb|@un|-|re|burg@de
Fri Jan 29 18:13:56 CET 2021

Dear Martin,

To add to Guido's answer, it seems that there is something wrong with
your odds ratios. You see this when you use Guido's code: For the last
two studies, the confidence intervals differ markedly from the entered
values:

Entered:

>> OR (0,47 , 0.77, 072)
>> IC95% L (0.24, 0.52, 0.55)
>> IC95% U (0.91, 0.81, 0.89)

Result:

[...]
study 5   0.47 [0.24; 0.92]   OR
study 6   0.77 [0.62; 0.96]   OR
study 7   0.72 [0.57; 0.92]   OR

You also see this when looking whether the point estimate is the
geometric mean (square root of the product) of upper and lower limit of
the 95% CI - this is not the case for these studies. Please check.

Moreover, as I wrote before, the main problem is not a technical one
(how to use R to mix these data), but a methodological issue. HR and OR
don't describe the same thing. The heading is "Hazard ratio", because
this is what you have written. Nevertheless, the odds ratios remain odds
ratios and have a different interpretation. I don't know how to
interpret the final result.

Both Guido and I recommended the Tierney paper to you, so please have a
look into it.

Best,

Gerta