[R-meta] Do transformations of omnibus statistical tests show the correct direction of effect in the effect size values?

James Pustejovsky jepu@to @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jan 12 16:13:34 CET 2021

Hi Emma,

I would advise to carefully inspect your data and computed effect sizes to
determine whether you need to make a further sign-transformation. For my
own projects, I do this by creating tables (in Rmarkdown or by exporting to
Excel) containing the raw summary statistics, direction of effect, and
computed effect size, organized in a way to make it easy to check (e.g., by
sorting the studies on direction of effect). Then I read through the table,
looking for potential inconsistencies.

Even when using very well-validated software, I think this is a good
general habit to build.

Kind Regards,
James