[R-meta] Effect size calculation

Tharaka S. Priyadarshana th@r@k@@@pr|y@d@r@h@n@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Dec 21 12:29:26 CET 2021

Dear all,

I recently came across this paper (kindly see the attached pdf), and I am a
bit confused about how these authors have measured the effect size for the
MA. They have measured Pearson’s correlation coefficient in two different
ways (see section 2.3, page 3).

(i). Hedges’ g has been transformed to a Pearson’s correlation coefficient.
(ii). Or, Pearson’s r has been calculated from F, t, or χ2 data.

Is this a correct way of measuring the effect size? if yes, how this can be
done??
Then, can we really pool the effect sizes calculated from these two
methods for the final analysis???

Thank you,
Tharaka