[R-meta] metafor::matreg() and its workflow

Stefanou Revesz @te|@noureve@z @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Dec 16 17:37:10 CET 2021

Thanks Wolfgang! My understanding is that:

1- res$G would tell us how slopes (for continuous moderators) or
categories (assuming having used 0 + cat_mod in the random part) vary
and covary with one another. As a further step, we can turn such a
var-covar matrix and obtain regression weights out of it by taking one
of them as the dependent variable and one or more of them as the
independent variable(s). That is, this is equivalent to SEM analysis
(i.e., regression with the latent factors).

2- vcov(res) tells us how the means of latent factors vary and covary
with one another. As a further step, we can turn such a var-covar
matrix and obtain regression weights out of it by taking one of them
as the dependent variable and one or more of them as the independent
variable(s). That is, this is equivalent to a path analysis (i.e.,
regression with mean of latent factors).

Is this why you noted "They address very different questions"?

Many thanks,
Stefanou