[R-meta] Effect Sizes From Pretest-Posttest-Control Group Designs and effect sizes from Pretest-Posttest designs

Yingkai yykj|y|@u|p|@n @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Dec 14 08:36:17 CET 2021

Dear Dr. Wolfgang and all,

After reading Morris and DeShon, 2002, I have some new questions.

Morris provided an example of a meta-analysis based on raw-score and
change-score effect sizes (Table 3), however, this is an example of
independent-groups posttest design and single-group pretest–posttest
design. What about independent-groups pretest–posttest design? Can we
transform the effect size of independent-groups pretest–posttest design to
effect size of independent-groups posttest design or to effect size of
single-group pretest–posttest design? If we can, should we use equation 11
or 12 in Morris et al., 2002? The effect size of Independent-groups
pretest–posttest design is d (IG) or d (RM)?

Sorry for the interruption, just feel very confused about this.

Yingkai <yykjiyisuipian using gmail.com> 于2021年12月13日周一 22:37写道: