[R-meta] MLMA - shared control group

Jorge Teixeira jorgemmtte|xe|r@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Aug 28 21:39:45 CEST 2021

 Hi Reza - thanks for the reply.

1) If I get things right, can we copy+paste the matrix code and it always
works in similar cases?

dat <- escalc(measure="MD", m1=em, sd1=esd, n1=en, m2=cm, sd2=csd, n2=cn,
data=dat)

## correlation matrix

calc.v <- function(x) {
  v <- matrix(1/x$n2i[1] + outer(x$yi, x$yi, "*")/(2*x$Ni[1]),
nrow=nrow(x), ncol=nrow(x))
  diag(v) <- x$vi
}

V <- bldiag(lapply(split(dat, dat$study), calc.v))

# fit multilevel model
res_mlma <- rma.mv(yi, V, random = ~ 1 | study/obs, data=dat)

2) For meta-regression, we also have to use *V*, not *vi*, correct?

Thanks,
Jorge

Reza Norouzian <rnorouzian using gmail.com> escreveu no dia sábado, 28/08/2021
à(s) 16:31: