[R-meta] correlation between pre and post test?

Mike Cheung m|kew|cheung @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Aug 25 06:59:27 CEST 2021

Dear YA,

If the authors have not reported the correlation, you may have to impute it
or delete that study. Riley et al. (2008) proposed a model combining the
between- and within-correlation.

Riley, R. D., Thompson, J. R., & Abrams, K. R. (2008). An alternative model
for bivariate random-effects meta-analysis when the within-study
correlations are unknown. Biostatistics, 9(1), 172–186.
https://doi.org/10.1093/biostatistics/kxm023

Best,
Mike