[R-meta] catching errors in batch meta-analyses

Philippe Tadger ph|||ppet@dger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Aug 16 00:57:03 CEST 2021

Dear colleges

In a batch of a several MA (simulation kind) I would like to capture the
error messages (like non-convergence)  from functions like
mada::reitsma. I have been exploring the function tryCatch but without
been able to capture the error messages. Something like this

X.mada<-vector("list",745)
for (iii in 1:200) {
X.mada[iii]<-tryCatch(mada::reitsma(data=subset(X,SUBMA_num==iii),
correction.control="single", correction=0.5))
}

Ideally X.mada will store convergence and non-convergence messages.

Thanks in advance for the support!

--
Kind regards
*Philippe Tadger*