[R-meta] Multilevel Meta-regression with Multiple Level Covariates

James Pustejovsky jepu@to @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Sep 29 03:17:09 CEST 2020

Hi Billy,

The approach you describe seems reasonable to me. Whether you've got too
many predictors will depend on how many studies' worth of data you are able
to gather and on the distribution of the item-level, study-level, and
test-level characteristics. Not knowing the correlations between items does
complicate things a bit, but could be handled using robust variance
estimation methods.

One way to set up this problem might be by using proportion of successes as
the effect size metric, modeled by a binomial distribution (where the
number of trials = number of respondents to that item), and where the
probability of success is related to the covariates via a logit (or probit)
link. Combining this with RVE for standard errors gives you something like
a GEE model.

James