[R-meta] variable importance in the context of meta-analysis

Diego Grados Bedoya d|egogr@do@b @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Sep 18 08:40:24 CEST 2020

Dear all,

I was exploring model specification alternatives in the context of
meta-analysis and I discovered the glmulti r package. The main function of
this package fits all possible models that could be constructed using
combinations of the moderators/predictors. However, there is something that
triggered my attention: the definition of the variable importance. The
relative importance value for a particular predictor is equal to the sum of
the Akaike weights for the models in which the predictor appears. Is this
conceptually and/or mathematically acceptable? I could not find
references related to it.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Diego