[R-meta] Meta-analysis including multiple intervention arms

Ioana Cristea |o@n@@@||n@@cr|@te@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Nov 14 15:43:39 CET 2020

Dear all
I am doing a meta-analysis of randomized trials where some trials have
multiple outcomes of interest (depression measured with different scales)
and a few have more than one active arms, usually 2 intervention arms and
control (therapy A compared to control, therapy B compared to control).
I am using robust variance estimator. My question is: for the cases where
there are multiple active intervention arms in a trial, compared to the
same control arm, should I adjust the sample size of the control arm (ie,
splitting by 2 if there are 2 active interventions compared to control)?
Thank you
Ioana

--
Ioana-Alina Cristea, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

Research affiliate
METRICS (Meta-research Innovation Center at Stanford)
Stanford University, California, USA
Editorial Advisory Board Lancet Psychiatry
<https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/home>
International Editorial Board BJPsych Open
<https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/bjpsych-open>

ORCid: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-9854-7076
Publons: https://publons.com/author/1196647/ioana-alina-cristea#profile
Researchgate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ioana_Cristea