[R-meta] Meta-Analysis: Proportion in overall survival rate

Ken Beath ken @end|ng |rom kjbe@th@com@@u
Thu May 28 13:17:11 CEST 2020

It won’t be correct. To calculate CI for Kaplan-Meier what is usually done is to use log(-log(S)) and there is then a formula for the SE of this which means that 95% CI can be calculated. If you have 95% CI calculated this way then it should be possible to work back to log(-log(S) and SE which can then be used for a meta-analysis. What also is sometimes used is Greenwoods estimate of the SE, which has the problem that it doesn’t guarantee that confidence intervals are constrained between 0 and 1. Most modern programs don’t use it except to give a SE on the survival but use log(-log(S)) for confidence intervals.