[R-meta] Meta-analysis for agronomical data

Emerson Del Ponte de|ponte @end|ng |rom u|v@br
Wed May 13 01:54:02 CEST 2020

Dear Norman,

I am a plant pathologist and have used R (mainly metafor package) in
my meta-analytic studies. For the disease-yield relationship, you can
check a reproducible report of the analysis for a paper I used metafor
(escalc function, etc).
https://emdelponte.github.io/paper-white-mold-meta-analysis/
The codes are here:
https://github.com/emdelponte/paper-white-mold-meta-analysis

As to the number of data points in a single trial, it is better if
they are distributed along a good range of disease and yield.  It does
not help much if you have a cluster of several low disease (high
yield) and one high disease (low yield). Usually, fungicide effects
will vary and so a range is expected for these two variables.  You can
reasonably assume that the relationship is linear, but more certain if
you have more trials too. For three diseases I studied, the linear
relationship could be assumed.

Hope this helps.

Emerson