[R-meta] Transitivity in a three-level contrast-based network meta-analysis

Tue May 5 09:17:01 CEST 2020

Dear Natan,

Based on your description, the network plot should have lines between at least some of the medication nodes. It's not a matter of what effects you actually computed within the studies (e.g., in a three-arm trial, you computed med1 vs placebo and med2 vs placebo) but what arms are actually present in trials (so there should be a line between med1 and med2). In fact, the information about the head-to-head comparison of med1 vs med2 is contained in the two effects comparing med1 vs placebo and med2 vs placebo (also computing med1 vs med2 would be redundant). I hope this clarifies things.