[R-meta] Dear Wolfgang

Ju Lee juhyung2 @end|ng |rom @t@n|ord@edu
Sun Mar 29 20:16:09 CEST 2020

Dear Wolfgang,

I sincerely hope you are well and healthy.
I wanted to reach out regarding ways to incorporate studies with repeated-measures to overall mixed effect models.

My data is almost entirely composed of studies measuring responses at a single time point, but there are few studies that have been measuring responses multiple times throughout study seasons. I was advised that time-averaging these multiple responses makes more sense for these studies.

My understanding was that you could 1) do a fixed effect meta-analysis of these studies to generate a single mean effect sizes and sampling variance from these repeated measurements and then 2) incorporate the single effect size and variance into overall mixed-effect model. Is this a correct approach?

If so, how would I calculate sampling variance from the fixed model in the step 1? Is it based on SE outputs of the fixed effect model?

Thank you very much, and I look forward to hearing from you!
Best,
JU